Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Importance of Bandwith

I'd like to talk a little about the importance of choosing the right bandwidth for your website. I've personally made the mistake of buying too little bandwidth for a site. And let me just say, as an owner nothing is quite as depressing as having your website crash and not having any tech support because you skimped on the price of your hosting plan. In this particular case my site was down for almost three months. The worst part of it for me was the thought of the potential return customers that now wouldn't bother checking my site based on it's reliability. Frankly I can't blame anyone for that kind of decision. If I attempt to go to a website and find it unavailable I most likely never go back to that site. The only exception there is if the site makes some improvements or has a really great SEO strategy and I find them ranked high up in a search engine.

You've probably all heard how there really is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth. The fact is, that's very true. The internet is finite. No one can give you 100 percent assurance that your website will always be up and running. But, I have found that a company that offers unlimited bandwidth almost always offers you an assurance that 99.9 percent of the time your site will be operational. For an affiliate marketer or really anyone trying to make money with their site, that's an important number. None of us want to go to our website and see the dreaded blank page stating that we have exceeded our bandwidth. For me this was not only discouraging but depressing. I had put in all of this time and effort for nothing. And I had no one to blame but myself for choosing a service with limited bandwidth. My point is that regardless of our search engine optimization, our promotions, our marketing, or a great product or service; the success of our website is extremely dependent on bandwidth.

I had no idea, before beginning affiliate marketing, that companies have reseller hosting plans. They offer you, for a monthly fee, the ability to become your own web host using their servers and tech support. For an affiliate marketer these can offer a great advantage. With reseller hosting I can run an unlimited number of affiliate sites for a fraction of the cost I would have to start all of those sites individually. The drawback is the bandwidth. Considering that a top tier reseller hosting plan only offers about a 1400 GB bandwidth and that is going to be divided among all of sites. For me it has made it economical to get my websites off the ground but, once a site begins to have too much traffic and offering me trouble I've found it best to transfer that single site out to one of those "unlimited" bandwidth providers.

My name is Eric L. Ruth. I own an affiliate marketing website dedicated to web hosting http://www.marketrightsite.com/. At my website you will find what I believe to be valuable information for anyone who is thinking of starting their very own site. You will also find coupons from some of the webs leading web hosting companies. As well as links to help you promote and manage your online business. Today is the day! The economy is perfect for the success of an online business. With the right tools and the right state of mind, you could begin your journey today with us.


http://EzineArticles.com/6480757

No comments:

Post a Comment